Thursday 18 May 2017

Thursday with Team 72

Dear Children and Families,

It’s great to be back with Team 72! 
I missed you while I was away.

Save the Dates
Science Centre Field Trip May 23rd
Trout Release May 26th
Family Literacy Night June 1st
Zoo Field Trip June 5th

Reminders:
-No School Tomorrow or Monday
-Science Centre Field Trip Tuesday
-Book Orders due May 26th
-Home Reading

Important Words:

POWER WORDS:            how look your would this
These are words we are still learning to read and spell.

ACADEMIC WORDS:       subtract  minus  take away  
These are words that we are learning to understand the
meaning of.

Today:

In math we played a great game called Super Secret Circles!  Ask me what this game can help me learn.

We a learning how to write instructions so someone else can learn to do something.  Ask me what I would like to teach someone to do.

During reading we practiced sounding fluent.  Reading fluently will help me understand what I am reading. 

In social studies we finished our arctic landscape and shared what we know.

Ask me all about gym and music together doing Drumfit!

Blog Question:  What kind of instructional writing do you see at your house?

No School Friday or Monday.  Mrs Collins is excited to take you to  the Science Centre on Tuesday.  See you on Wednesday!

Have a great long weekend!


:)  Ms. MacMillan

403 777 6267

No comments:

Post a Comment